FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8
Old Dec 8, 2022, 3:19 pm
chris1979

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
sad to be reading the above comments.

I was there on Saturday 2nd and Tuesday 6th and sadly echo a lot of the above.

Menu on Saturday had the steak still on it but was told they were out. By Tuesday, the menu had been reprinted and no steak. The menu was leading with burger and veg burger and included fish & chips.

I ordered the lamb and was told they were out of Couscous so they replaced it with rice. The prawn cocktail was overdressed though the side chips we ordered were tasty. There was a lone salt and pepper on one of the ables which I had to fetch myself. No bread offered. No butter. I overheard someone else asking for a manager to give the feedback that he'd asked for butter 4 times. A couple next to us had to send the burger back (not sure why) and wait for a new one. They said to a neighbour of theirs that it was 'chalk and cheese' compared to the CCR.

My travel companion asked for the wine list and a BA CCR long-time server very embarrassedly came back (upon checking) to advise that there wasn't one. The bar service seemed very slow for my coffee and water.

By contrast, as a space, Soho is beautiful though the food buffet looked very average.