FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General discussion of UA's inflight service (Domestic / Int’l, all cabins) {Archive}
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:47 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LINDEGR
Refugee from AA here. I decided to try UA and see how it compared. Flew PHL-ORD-YVR and was shocked at the lack of food for 7-8 hours of flying in F.
That's your fault. You should have routed via DEN or SFO.

Originally Posted by fumje
GS next to me on 2h40min EWR-ORD scheduled in dinner hours, during the "snack" service (consists of pretzel or stroopwafel): "Could I have two stroopwafels please?" FA: blank stare, "OK."
World-class offering.
Was recently in UA F and the guy next to me declined dinner and then later asked "Can I have something from the snack basket?" FA: blank stare. "Huh?" "Like do you have a basket with chips and cookies and things?" FA: blank stare. I wanted to ask him if he was normally a Delta flyer.

In a related matter - anyone have luck in domestic F getting served the meal later in the flight? I asked the FA who was taking orders (or verifying my preorder) if I could eat closer to landing, and she said yes she would tell the other FA who was serving. But of course as I'm sitting there after the drink service with my laptop trying to work, she comes over with my tray. I didn't want to make a fuss so I just cleared my stuff and ate.