FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Protea Hotel Walvis Bay Pelican Bay, Namibia [Master Thread]
Old Dec 7, 2022, 6:04 am
dc2005b

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
I had a one night stay at the end of my Namibia adventure and like cbellero, I was upgraded to the Pelican / Presidential Suite and late check out at 2pm was granted. I had booked a junior suite as it was basically the same price as a regular room. At check-in there was a menu of items available as the welcome gift and the room had a huge fruit plate welcome as well. The photos from 2020 still capture the room well but the decorative elements like flowers & candles were absent during my stay, as were the batteries to the tv remote! Dinner was tasty and breakfast was decent.

The hotel is a short walk from the docks many of the tour boats use and it was convenient to leave things in the hotel while on the cruise before heading to the airport (saw many whales!). They do not accept amex, including the Marriott Bonvoy type but other than that it was an overall good experience for my first stay at a Protea, especially at the low rates being charged.