FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - William Sanders Back on FlyerTalk representing Hilton Honors!
Old Dec 5, 2022, 3:13 pm
erbrcr

SOS- Hilton Tulum Room Block Help

Hello,

Need advise on what to do. I have a wedding coming up in Hilton Tulum. As this is a brand new hotel and i booked everything before the hotel even opened, i thought i was getting a killer price for both wedding and room block. I was wrong. I ended up signing a 60 room contract for my guest as i was scared the prices were going to skyrocket and i wanted to guarantee the best price.

Since the hotel is now open and operating, Hilton has been advertising deals, sales and prices that have been consistently lower then my room block price. You can imagine my embarrassment as all of my guest have contacted me about these deals and i have no good answer for them.

To make things worse, Expedia had a Black Friday sale that saved my guests almost $1000 on their total stay! So i had over 15 rooms book that deal and not go through my room block. I don't blame them as this is an insane savings. I understand that Expedia is 3rd party and they can't do anything about those prices but that an extreme price difference!

To make things double worse, The actual Hilton website now has a "group rate" if you book over 10 rooms, you can get a special rate. That special rate is over $110 cheaper than my room block price. They are not willing to price match that rate even though its on their own website.

Now I'm stuck with too many rooms and don't know what to do.

Is there anyway to get me out of this contract?

Thais has been such a distressing time for me and my family.