FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD
Old Dec 4, 2022, 2:38 pm
NordsFan

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by zkzkz
Basic? Basic only earns 25% points (and 0 SQM) and you can't necessarily extrapolate from that by multiplying by 4.

If that's really the new 100% earning you have to start wondering how intentional this is. I can definitely see 1 or 2 miles difference depending on the reference points but gcmap says it's 3,751 and 16 miles is more than the difference from YYZ to YTZ!
I'm pretty confident that most everyone here understands what the term "basic" means in the context of my post. I was simply sharing a data point for a routing that was not yet included in the list of SQMs we keep for pairings. I wasn't referring to the fare type branded as "Basic".

Also, 3,751 is a nice figure but it is irrelevant as YYZ-CDG was set at 3,740 Q miles for like....... forever, until the most recent change that now pegs it at 3,735 basic SQMs.

And yes, 3,735 is "really the new 100% earning", as this is what appeared in my account activity log yesterday for my 01DEC flight aboard AC872.

And yes, I also received 934 25% COS for the Latitude fare I purchased.

And I'm confident I will again receive 3,735 Q miles for today's return aboard AC873, as well as the 934 25% COS for Latitude.

Last edited by NordsFan; Dec 4, 2022 at 2:47 pm