FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}
Old Dec 3, 2022, 11:09 am
thefilipinotraveler

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Stayed here for one night a few days ago. As a diamond, I was first upgraded from King deluxe to King deluxe with Park view 3 days before arrival. There was also an email with an upgrade to Imperial room for about 100 Euros but did not bid since I would be spending most of my time in the city. During check-in, I was informed I got a double upgrade - I got a premium room with Rome view, perhaps due to a big group staying that night, saw a few guests checking-in late in the evening.

The breakfast buffet restaurant was full and we had to wait for like 5-10 minutes. They even had tables outside the restaurant for guests to use during breakfast. Maybe I got spoiled by the excellent breakfast buffet at WA DFC in January but the one here was not impressive. The sausages were not warm unfortunately. I did not see any smoked salmon (or maybe I missed it). Still, it was cool to have stayed here, enjoying the arts on display, and of course the view of Rome from the balcony.

View of Rome, the Eternal City

Views at night: St. Peterīs Basilica and the Castel Sant'Angelo

Long queue in the morning for breakfast.