FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100 Queen's Gate Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} (was DoubleTree)
Old Dec 2, 2022, 6:50 pm
Stripe

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just did a one night stay here. Booked an atrium deluxe room and was upgraded in advance to a Duplex Suite, their top room category. The room was available when we checked in a bit before 2 pm.

On the plus side...
  • I really liked the layout of the room, with a sofa, fake fireplace, table, and minibar etc on the lower level, bedroom to the right at the top of the stairs with a sliding door, and bathroom straight ahead. A nice walk-in closet adjoined the bedroom. Minibar was stocked exactly as shown if sof_lance's post above and we got a plate of macaroons as a welcome gift, although we only got three. Room was very quiet.
  • We had a great experience later in the evening in the downstairs bar. Decent food, great service, nice atmosphere for conversation.
  • The breakfast buffet was quite good. After dealing with the nonsense at the Hilton brands in the US for the last almost three years it was great to be back to normal with a proper complimentary breakfast.
  • We were on the 6th floor but never seemed to wait more than a few seconds for an elevator.
On the negative side:
  • Check-in took a long time as the computers kept glitching. And I couldn't get a final bill when checking out, again due to computer problems.
  • The waters in the minibar were both still water and my wife prefers sparkling. I asked at the desk if we could get a sparkling water and they produced two bottles, along with a chit to sign agreeing to pay £5 each. I took one but couldn't get it taken off the bill at checkout due to the aforementioned computer issues.
  • Ventilation in the bathroom seemed minimal, based on the amount of steam that built up.
  • We did the afternoon tea in the Botanica room. A very nice space, and the tea and sandwiches etc were quite good, but the service was extremely slow. We stayed here in 2019 and the afternoon tea service was very slow then too. Seems like that's just a thing. One couple sat down but eventually left because it was so slow.
  • When you view the room description on the website for the Duplex Suite it says the room comes with complimentary beer and wine in the minibar and a £100 credit for F&B. I frankly didn't expect we would get that since the room was an upgrade but I was told yes at check-in. There was no beer or wine in the minibar, ether complimentary or for sale, and there was no F&B credit on the bill.
The location is great and the atmosphere is very pleasant, so it will likely continue to be our go-to place in London. (The Conrad St James was our prior spot.)