FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways and American Airlines Soho Lounge - JFK Terminal 8
Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:25 pm
jjLDNY

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
So maybe teething problems but I’d give the lounge a 5/10.

By 5pm they’d run out of Chardonnay. The bar was pretty chaotic (no lack of staff but just too many people untrained / doing nowt. The only hot food was pasta, potatoes, chicken, overdone salmon plus a soup. Lots of salad options if that’s your thing. The a la carte menu was poor IMO. The lounge was far too busy for the 4 cubicles in the mens & half the taps weren’t working.

It’s a nice space with a great range of drinks and lovely views but the old flagship lounge was miles better.
Looking at the food that was out, it looks like there's less variety than there was before, as well as it only being on 1 side vs accessible from both in longer trays. That seems an odd change.

And I wonder what the staff situation is. Presumably they kept on the same people that were in the FL before? Perhaps they had to hire lots of new members given it sounds like the lounge is much busier than it was which makes sense.

How's the beverage situation? I couldn't make out if the liquors were still along the back wall and still self-serve? And is the central wine bar still self-serve? Where are the cocktails coming from, the FFD bar?