FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:51 pm
GoBirds

Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Originally Posted by dave2003
Sadly my renewal was coming up and I'm actually on the low ends for funds, so nothing about my landing is going to be soft.

If my primary commute wasn't between AA hubs, I'd already be on the phone with UA (words I never thought I would utter, as my UA friends would tell you).

This has really screwed me hard. I'm just hoping they'll be willing to negotiate an individual contract with me... my situation is unique (I get that, and that it's not their responsibility to build programs for uncommon cases) but this really is a devastating hit to me professionally and I'm trying to be hopeful someone at AA will be interested in taking my money rather than my having to deal with flying UA between to AA hubs.
I'm very much in the same situation. My renewal was actually in 2 weeks, and I was waiting until Dec 1st to renew, so I missed the opportunity to do so by 2 days! I'm also at an AA hub so don't really have any other options for direct flights to my most common destinations.

I think a better solution for AA, selfishly of course, would have been for them to allow current members to renew or extend, and to add additional funds, up until the sunset date, and I really don't understand why they didn't do that. I, and it sounds like others here, have been an airpass member for many years, so it seems to me there were better ways to reward our loyalty and significant spend over the years with them.

I have a small hope that they're hearing from many of us about our dissatisfaction with the way they've handled this, and that they may do something at least for current members, but of course I know that's very unlikely, so I'm readying myself to lose the flexibility and savings on short notice international travel that I've grown used to over many years.