FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8
Old Dec 1, 2022, 10:09 pm
ryanbriar

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by salut0
This raises an interesting question — it’s a shared lounge so is the tipping expectation British or American? What was the tipping custom or expectation in JFK T7 in the past?
I’d say that tipping the expectation as that was my experience at FFD. On my most recent trip two weeks ago, one of the staff mentioned to me that a well-known celeb did not tip and it didn’t go unnoticed.

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well, that plus I suppose it's a fairly objective way to assess how "premium" AA/BA will be treating these lounges, at least in terms of the price points of the alcohol on offer. A bit harder to say on the food, at least until we get numerous reports of the quality/quantity, but that's still more objective. (Though to be fair, AA's Flagship First Dining had a very strong reputation for quality, and I assume it's effectively the same operation here, albeit on a larger scale.)
I’m curious what the liquor selection will be in Chelsea (and the two others for that matter).

The posted menus appear to have been cut back compared to the FFD menu from a couple of weeks back and the CCR in late October (at least in my opinion). Perhaps they’re starting more basic given the uptick in volume and will then get more complex. Timing was always hit or miss at FFD.