FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread
Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:00 pm
dave2003

Programs: AA Lifer, and other stuff...
Any interest in an effort to persuade AA?

Originally Posted by scott56
I wish there was a way to convince them to keep it. We still have time until it’s completely gone. My rep pretty much said business travel dropped so much it’s no longer worth it for them. I loved having the status , and the biggest benefit was booking multiple flights and
being able to choose. Or being able to just cancel

always a chance a new program comes out.

I'm mostly a complete lurker here, but this news was absolutely devastating for me. I have a medical condition that significantly complicates travel, and among other things necessitates high flexibility. I recently started something new which requires regular (nearly-weekly) commuting by air, above and beyond my usual significant travel volume.

This is absolutely devastating for me, and as best I can tell there aren't any alternatives available. (Worse yet, my commute is AA hub <--> AA hub -- so I neither have meaningful leverage nor other viable options.)

I imagine the administration costs of the program exceed whatever marginal revenue in prices they get and whatever limited benefit the interest-free loans they receive from us provide, so doing anything about this probably is a lost cause. But if there were a way to get them to reconsider, count me in.