FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General discussion of UA's inflight service (Domestic / Int’l, all cabins) {Archive}
Old Nov 27, 2022, 8:07 am
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by DEN
United has been improving its catering situation for almost 2 years, it’s just in such small increments it’s often difficult to notice or even track. It remains well behind many of their competitors, especially on Int’l routes. It seems to be working because I haven’t noticed a mass exodus of UA elites so far, based on preboarding. United always says they listen to their customers “our customers tell us…..” is how they usually start the sentence.

The only way to push change is complain, just not here. The 1K email address ( I’m guessing GS has something similar) is the place to start along with your Travel Management Company, if you have one. Anyone lower in status is than 1K, s just white noise, and I even think 1K isn’t a huge priority to UA.

FT is more a place for information and to vent, not really a place to affect change, IMO.

DEN
I disagree with the premise United has been improving for the last 2 years. I have been on well over 100 UA flights during such time span, and I would say United has been declining. The blantant disregard from FAs is a pattern; having the same school cafeteria menu (generous description) month after month is by design.

It is not that its competitors have stepped their game; they have merely restored to their normal levels.

UA is bringing the dough for its shareholders - there are no incentives to change. Until its customers vote with their wallet, complaints are failing to register.