FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General discussion of UA's inflight service (Domestic / Int’l, all cabins) {Archive}
Old Nov 27, 2022, 5:27 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nycflyer222
Is United planning to improve its catering situation at any point, or has it just accepted it will be the junk carrier?

AA and B6 offerings in domestic J (and intl) are in different leagues. I can’t speak to DL, but I would imagine it is also better given their attention to customer satisfaction.
United has been improving its catering situation for almost 2 years, it’s just in such small increments it’s often difficult to notice or even track. It remains well behind many of their competitors, especially on Int’l routes. It seems to be working because I haven’t noticed a mass exodus of UA elites so far, based on preboarding. United always says they listen to their customers “our customers tell us…..” is how they usually start the sentence.

The only way to push change is complain, just not here. The 1K email address ( I’m guessing GS has something similar) is the place to start along with your Travel Management Company, if you have one. Anyone lower in status is than 1K, s just white noise, and I even think 1K isn’t a huge priority to UA.

FT is more a place for information and to vent, not really a place to affect change, IMO.

DEN

Last edited by DEN; Nov 27, 2022 at 5:41 am