FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAH - MAN 3-times weekly instead of 4-times from 28 March 2023
Old Nov 25, 2022, 11:45 pm
PositiveRater

Programs: Formerly(!): CO Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Loews Gold, Avis First.
I'd the pleasure of flying aboard SQ52 earlier today. Load was easily below 50%... nice for we pax, but I did fret about the service viability. Superb inflight service from SQ, as ever - *once* you get out of Manchester.

Two random observations: Firstly, the chicken curry "kapitan" had a real kick to it - superbly spicy!

Secondly, WTH was up with manual check-in at MAN? A printed letter from SQ's station manager explained that for training purposes, everything would be done old school. So after reaching the check-in desk, it took 20 minutes for my party (4) to observe the agent writing information into multiple forms, manifests, boarding passes, etc. Said boarding passes appeared to have been printed on an inkjet, then photocopied; then cut out with scissors before being written and rubber-stamped by the check-in agent. Shambolic.

Never seen such nonsense in the 20 years I spent in airports. Seen it done manually at Lagos MMIA and Gabon Libreville - which were still quick; I'm guessing *they* train without subjecting customers to the experience? Can only assume that MAN colludes with its tenants to make the customer experience as miserable as possible - never more so than with the new cluster you'll experience in T2 Departures if you've the temerity to hope for a hot breakfast airside....