FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (2022 master thread)
Old Nov 25, 2022, 5:03 pm
EJRofChicago

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EJRofChicago
Complimentary upgrades on award tickets are only for Exec Plat members, right? I'm Plat, and yet on this very much award ticket, my reservation shows a complimentary upgrade is requested, exactly how it shows on comparable paid tickets? This is for ORD > DCA on American metal, booked through AA.com. (So no, I don't need First Class on the 90 minute flight and won't be bothered if it turns out to be an IT fluke but was surprised to see that in the View Reservation page...)
I don't know what happened, y'all. I had the upgrade confirmation email at 47 hours and 50 minutes before departure. I triple checked and this was an award booking, albeit a Web Special, but that would make it even less logical to get the complimentary upgrade. My spouse was on the reservation with me and both our seats were upgraded. Just got home from this flight; didn't want to say anything in advance in case I jinxed it!

Thoughts?