FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points
Old Nov 24, 2022, 7:01 pm
Jcmontecarlo

Programs: HH Diamond,Accor Platinum,GC Diamond, Oneworld Emerald (CK AA),LH HON. Circle
Additional Miles

Originally Posted by wutlol
An update on my bizarre stay in Chișinău at the ghost hotel that doesn’t actually have rooms.

Booking.com reached out to me today (through Booking.com’s support email, not RocketMiles’ concierge). The email was an absolute hoot.

They claimed the following:

1. That I did not contact support until after checkout. (False.)
2. That I did not actually check-in and stay at either the hotel I booked or the hotel I was rebooked into. (I don’t even get how this would be possible.)
3. That I had requested to be rebooked at the hotel I was transferred to. (How would this be doable if I never checked-in as claimed?)
4. That the original hotel had offered me compensation on top of the rebooking and I turned it down. (Why would I do that?)

They then asked me to contact the original hotel in order to resolve any remaining concerns.

The number listed was for the hotel I was rebooked into.

At this point, I’ve decided this all must be a prank. There’s no way this can be an official response to this particular situation.

do these additional miles count as LP or just bonus ?