FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *Gold, Basic Economy and LAX
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:07 pm
CApreppie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
This is my take, others correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Yes.
2. Yes, overhead and underseat is available. It is on United.com as benefit.
3. United Club T7 or Star Alliance Lounge in Tom Bradley International Terminal (you can walk post-security/sterile from T7 to TBIT - mixture of above ground and below ground halls/tunnels). Your Star Gold on TAP allows you into both. United Club in LAX is one of the nicer ones. Have not been to Star lounge, but I hear it is quite nice.
4. Group 1 after the Global Services, 1K, disability, active military and families with kids under 2. Group 1 always has overhead space available. Group 3 and beyond gets dicier.
5. I will let others chime in here. I have TSA pre so always use that line which you would not be able unless you do have it. Not sure if they have elite/premium cabin separate line.
6. One will be assigned at check in - it could be anything from E+ to a last row middle. Since you have access to United Club, you could always try to plead/ask your way to a better seat. You may get no, but more likely to help in the United Club. I've taken LAX-LAS recently and they didn't even bother with any type of drink/free snack service. Left windows offer a better view of LV for typical landing pattern. Takeoff sit on the right.

Last edited by CApreppie; Nov 23, 2022 at 2:14 pm