FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fate of DCA "live cams" page on YT ??
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2022, 1:49 pm
DELee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by flyer703
I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for posting. Total Avgeek here as well and this would pair nicely with the audio on LiveATC. Looks like it's still offline.

Normally your posts are spot on but I have to disagree with you on this one. I don't think that's Memorial Bridge in the foreground. And how could the river be behind the airport if this is taken from the east bank? If it was taken from the east side, the river would be in the foreground. You can also see the Gaylord Hotel at National Harbor in the extreme right across the river in Maryland. So to me, this is clearly taken from the Virginia side. The AC doing the go-around is attempting to land from the south on RWY 1 (and it's a good thing he did as there is clearly a plane on the runway just starting its departure roll!)
Originally Posted by Section 107
Thanks for the kind words.

Arlington Memorial Bridge is distinctive with those arches. When you say "river behind the airport" I think you really mean is in the foreground - the water behind the bridge. That is the mudflat/shallows portion of the Potomac on the western side of Roosevelt Island - between the Pentagon/GW Parkway and the island while the main channel of the Potomac on the eastern side between the island and G'Town is not visible.
Also point out that, from where the webcam is, it would be better to say that the webcam is located on the North Bank of the Potomac - see the images above.

David