FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Eva Miles
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2022, 5:15 pm
PacificStandTime

Programs: UA-P, and Chase-ing the sapphire dragon
Originally Posted by Wonchie
Hi,
I am planning a family trip next year to Asia and I am curious if buying miles is a good way or is there a another method. I am hoping to get enough points to fly business class. Also when is the best time to buy these points. Any advice is appreciated.
​​​​
If you are in the US; The Citi TY points are transferable to Eva. Currently there is a 80k bonus for the premiere card after 4k spend in 3 month (so would net you a min of 84k points) with a 100 annual fee. It's also one of the few cards that's 3x on groceries, so spend strategically (or buy gift cards at grocery stores). The Citi Double card currently has a 20k bonus after 1,500 min spend in 6 months with 0 annual fee. You need the Premiere card since the double cash doesn't transfer to Eva miles. Also the double cash card 20k bonus is ending soon, so you may need to bite the bullet and sign up for both and spend accordingly (but it's the holidays). That nets to at least 100k, which would be good for 3 upgrades to J, or one OW J award. If you wanted to buy more, you could always buy Eva miles, but they are costly, so this gets you a good head start at a fraction of the cost of buying their miles at 4 cents a mile.