FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Things I Miss That AAdvantage Used to Do
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:36 pm
slpybear

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Originally Posted by EXP100
I miss the days of the AC being relatively quite,
1000X this! Between business travelers loudly talking into their phones or vacationers partying it up or mom and dad corralling kids... the AC is not a quiet place. It's quieter than the terminals, but I count myself extremely luck when I enter an AC and find it nearly empty and blissfully quiet.

Originally Posted by flying_geek
I had really nice cockpit visits on European Airlines - including some take offs and landings. I was seated in 2A once and the captain invited me to the cockpit for takeoff. We ended up chatting for almost 2 hours on a TATL flight so when the meal service started, I went to my seat. The guy in the next seat had all his stuff in 2A. Told him "Really sorry, but 2A is my seat". "Where did you come from?" - "Oh, I just got on"

or the other time where I was in the cockpit over greenland I was taking pictures. I jokingly said "could you bank the plane a little for a better picture" - and we flew an S turn in a 767...

The first time I was in the cockpit I was told about "sterile cockpit" - which essentially means "shut up if things look problematic". The captain explained that I am expected to be quiet if things look like trouble, but "when we start screaming, you can scream too. It won't be long then"
These are amazing stories. How I would have loved to do this just once!

Last edited by JY1024; Nov 22, 2022 at 5:20 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts