FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A350 forward loo being blocked off by crew.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:52 am
hydro001

Originally Posted by 108912
Have others experienced this?

I've just completed four sectors in Club World on the A350. On three out of the four, the forward loo has been blocked off, seemingly for crew use only.

The first sector it happened I just assumed it was always in use as I was redirected to the toilets further back.

The second time I clocked on as I was passing through the galley and heard one crew member remark to the other 'oh she can use the toilet, it's the First Officers other half' and the toilet was manually unlatched from the outside.

The third sector it was available.

The fourth sector again it was blocked and when I was redirected again to the rear loos I simply stated to the crew 'actually, if it isn't in use i'd rather use this one' to which the crew member begrudgingly unlatched the door and allowed me access.

Is this a 'thing' or is it crew gone rogue?
The forward toilet is usually not available for use during service due to layout of plane / galley. A message to the IFE screens should explain this and invite customers to use the toilets in the middle. Between services, no restriction.

Though on occasions captain would request the toilet to be blocked off as it is next to their rest area (not a standard but captain's request)