FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Urgent help needed - usa travel on ba
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2022, 6:42 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
Thank you so so much @corportate-wage-slave .. i read that they might need to contact the local CCG which was where my panic lay, but you have put my mind very much at ease. Thank you as always for your very valued help.
I think it's probably ICB now rather than CCG, but actually practices can do it themselves, it's not that unusual, more in the other direction after people get married. But honestly, I just would not bother, take a copy of the marriage certificate to the airport and it will be fine. This is also happens at airports when people have passports and bookings in different names (e.g. honeymoon flights) and this is much less significant. If she has her old style NHS card then that links her name to the NHS number / date of birth, so that's another alternative, but if she has the App on her phone then - well no-one else is supposed to have access to those records. Plus in any event airlines are getting increasingly relaxed about this area, it's not like the sheer terror of getting it right just after restrictions were eased.