FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Nov 19, 2022, 2:12 pm
Weymar Osborne

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond
Originally Posted by jsloan
UA can (and does) increase or decrease inventory at will, depending upon sales trends vs. their projections. That said, in most cases inventory on a connecting flight would be considered together (a process called married inventory). However, since you routed CMH-EWR-LAX and paid a premium to do so, I’m guessing that you actually have separate CMH-EWR and EWR-LAX fares, which means that the inventory would be considered independently.

Because you booked through Capital One. They’re serving as your travel agent, and therefore they must make the change. You may be able to get UA to take over the ticket, although there is typically a $50 fee for them to do so.
Ok thanks. At the time I booked the CMH-EWR-LAX routing was actually the cheapest. The new CMH-ORD-LAX option is in "S" class and is cheaper than what was available when I originally booked (I would assume because when I booked was outside the period Spirit and Southwest release fares for) so I suppose that does support that United can add inventory back to previously zeroed out fare classes. Also one more thing is that my fare class on the new EWR-LAX segment is in the "YN" fare class. I'm pretty sure that's an award fare for elites and credit card holders (I'm neither of those things) so I'm not sure what that means for my ability to change as well as my mileage earning.