FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Times Square {US-NY}
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2022, 6:30 pm
El_Duderito

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I had my award stay earlier this week. I intended to cancel due to changed travel plans, but was just within the 72h cancelation period. I never noticed an award stay not having a 24h cancelation policy. Well, my fault for not canceling earlier.
My travel would put me in New York on my checkout day around 9AM and I could be at the hotel 11AM I figured - in time for a quick nap and shower.
I tried to contact the hotel through various channels (not via phone, though) including the Diamond desk, but even the Diamond desk could not find an email address to get in touch with the property.
I wanted to try to cancel at first, but since that was unlikely to happen at least let them know that I'll arrive late and ask for a late checkout. I did check in while on the plane via the app hoping to get the chat functionality, but that was never enabled.

At the hotel I told the staff what happened and got a 1PM 'late' checkout. Multiple questions were answered with the excuse "we are a NEW hotel". My request for a business card/email address was answered with "we don't have that yet. We are a new hotel." Lounge? "new hotel". I was told that I'll receive an email with contact information. The agent did not mention the $18 benefit and I didn't use it.
There was no water bottle in the room; not even in the fridge. The room was upgraded to a "Deluxe hi floor" and for New York was quite large. The a/c was a bit noisy and the bathroom showed it's age with what could be described as black mold behind the glass of the picture hung above the toilet, dust on the a/c vent and yellowed light switches and outlets.
WiFi stopped working around noon; They checked me out, sent the folio and disabled my room key.

On my way out a housekeeping manager was just outside my room and I told her about the mold and missing water bottles. There was barely a "I'll call a technician", but no sorry whatsoever.
Not a single person I was in contact with seemed to be happy to be working there. I'll continue my search for a decent affordable property in Manhattan.