FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:49 am
david_oz

Programs: UA 1K
my upgrade/SDC saga continues... I might need some more help from the experts here

I'm booked on UA101 IAH-SYD departing at 8:15pm tonight. Upgrade chances are non-existent. UA839 LAX-SYD tomorrow night looks like a way better bet. I would like to change to this flight. I called to make the SDC, and requested UA1463/UA839. The first flight would leave IAH at 6:46pm, so within 24 hours of the original flight. I am booked on a W fare, and W is showing as available on both flights on expertflyer. United shows W inventory on expert mode, but it can't be booked together

The agent tried to make the change and it didn't work so she called through to the rates desk. They said that because I am booked on a non-stop flight, and I am trying to swap to a connecting flight, they can't process a same day change and will have to re-fare the entire ticket, which leads to a change fee of approx $3,000 per person. I am also upgraded for the return flight already so I don't want them to touch that at all.

Is there a way to do this, or am I out of luck?