FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - For those of you with six-figure CC spend...
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:21 am
jordyn

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
In general, I've found Barclay easier to deal with than Citi for personal cards but can't say on business.
FWIW, I've found the opposite. I ended up cancelling my Barclay Silver card because Barclay decided a transaction was fraudulent (despite me trying to call them to authorize it while I was still in the store), required me to wait on hold talk to a supervisor to try to resolve the fraud flag and then for some reason required that I stay on the line with them and then answer an inbound call from them on the same phone at the same time (which was impossible for me to do at the time). After wasting about an hour trying to get the card unlocked, I just gave up and asked them to cancel instead. Apparently they didn't need me to prove my identity so elaborately to go ahead and do that so it got taken care of in about five minutes.

Barclay's fraud detection is more sensitive than any other card I hold and they are much more annoying to deal with when it goes off. Maybe they are good at other kinds of customer service, but I'm not sure I would ever apply for another Barclay card again based on my experience using both an Arrival+ and an AA Silver card.