FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK/BOS-CDG announced for 2023
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:44 pm
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by hughw
As a United Airlines million mile lifetime gold, I'm pretty committed to flying UA when I can for a variety of perks....Now, that BOS is my home airport rather than EWR, JetBlue would certainly be a possibility for our yearly trip to France. What I find surprising is the very subdued response to this announcement of Flyertalk.....only 7 comments so far before this one. I would guess when UA announces a new destination of this sort (i.e Athens), there would be dozens of comments the first day. Perhaps that's a reflection of the JetBlue forum having reduced number of followers, perhaps because JetNlue is primarily a domestic airline.

But whatever, this is great news. And I'll be interested to see how fares price out with even more seating.
Considering BOS-LGW is going to the A321neo non-LR and cold meals will be served in Y, I'm not sure I would consider JB as a "real" transatlantic option until they get the planes they need to actually support their schedule (among many other issues they need to work out).

-J.