FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kuwait City recommendations?
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:24 am
khabah

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Thank you for the consideration and for bringing me up, SanDiego1K!

calmasahinducow I'm from and live in Kuwait, and moved back in June. Kuwait is definitely the sleepier backwaters of the Gulf, and its sights are punctuated by the token visits to Mubarakiya/Kuwait Towers, mall runs and eating - but the eating really is stellar. I believe that Kuwait's food is even better than what you'd find in Dubai from a quality and originality perspective; the city is full of locally-born concepts rather than the Nobus, Nobikovs and Hakkasans that you get elsewhere, and Kuwaiti entrepreneurs are revered in the Gulf for their creativity and have either exported their concepts into the region or have been [often poorly] imitated by neighbors.

There is a cultural scene with art exhibitions and openings, a selection of museums, musical performances [although these tend to feature regional artists more than big-ticket international ones - those you'll find in Dubai, Doha and even Saudi... such are the times we live in]. Now that the weather isn't infernal, you're going to see more outdoor activities like marathons, beach events and desert camping come up, so this is the best time of year in that respect.

If you want specific recommendations for places to eat and see, I can share some pointers based on what you're into. Also happy to link up in person if you're so inclined.

khabah