FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:40 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Follow up question for this - I achieved Sapphire with JAL and will join the JGC as a Sapphire, which as I understand it, allows me to maintain Sapphire status with OW indefinitely provided I pay the 5,000 miles annually regardless of whether or not I fly at all, or reach Sapphire in future years.

So does this mean if I am able to hit Premier before 12/31, that I would retain Emerald status under the same terms?

I'm not sure if there is enough of a difference between Sapphire and Emerald to make it worthwhile aside from the First Class lounge access, but it would be helpful to know while there is still time to add another trip with the double Fly-On promo.
You can attain emerald for 80K points if you are enrolled in JGC by 31/12, but you need to fly 80K points every year to retain emerald. Only Sapphire can be extended without flying.