FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF: New York - RAK $2040 rt biz
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:52 am
PookieMalibu25

Programs: BA
Quick note to folks using the "time to think" option. If you use PayPal for payment (I do because my bank is funny, I hate credit cards and we had trouble ticketing AF in the past) they may cancel your flights. Long story (sort of) short, I put the flights on hold for 72 hours, with the hold period ending on Nov. 7th at 11:52PM local (RAK) time. I completed the booking on Nov. 6th well in advance of the cutoff, picked our seats and even chose meals. Money clears my acct the very same day. Wife and I are excited, booking hotels (think we are finally going with Amanjena instead of Royal Mansour, the stairs seem problematic). Nov. 8th my Air France app has a notification: FLIGHTS CANCELLED. Call up AF, after sitting on hold for about an hour, the agent comes back and says that we did not book within the 72 hour hold period. I explain this is untrue, that the funds have been debited and that I picked my seats, chose my wife's vegetarian meal, received a confirmation # etc. After a bunch of back and forth, he re-issued the tickets and said that the problem was PayPal doesn't post on their side immediately so they thought I hadn't booked in time and wanted to re-price. Now I don't think this is intentional, but if I had given up, refused to sit on hold and not put my law degree to good use, they wouldn't have budged. Hope this helps someone.