FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Arts Barcelona - A Ritz Property [Master Thread]
Old Nov 14, 2022, 10:55 am
ElevatorEnthusiast

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Well, I must say that I agree with some of the reports on here about the dated aspects of this property, but while upkeep might not be the hotel's strongest suit, there was a lot to love about the hard and soft products here. Here are my pros, cons, notes, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded the day before check-in to a Seaview Suite
  • Suite was large with 1.5 bathrooms and a great view towards the sea as well as part of the eastern section of the city
  • Bed was pretty comfortable - though the actual mattress was firm, there was an effective topper, plush pillows, and thick covers (I ended up sleeping until 10 AM, which is crazy for me)
  • Shower was fantastic with great pressure and side nozzles that could be on at the same time as the main head
  • Really delightful birthday balloon arrangement in my suite when I arrived
  • ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS MACARONS as a welcome gift - these were easily the best I've had so far - the caramel ones were to die for
  • 110 V outlet option for US shavers and toothbrushes in the bathroom
  • Internet TV OS with YouTube support
  • Very friendly check-in and check-out from Marina (no lines or other waiting)
  • Offered 4 PM late check-out proactively
  • Given a voucher for beer/wine/cava as an Elite Member
  • Given a glass of cava at check-in
  • Nice turndown service performed with Valhrona chocolates left by the pillows
Cons:
  • Rooms show significant wear-and-tear and some cleanliness misses (hairs, couches need a lint roller, etc.)
  • Definitely some flying insects - though, I think I killed all of them during my arrival inspections and one sat dead near the window, which I removed, as I didn't notice them past my arrival
  • Was not a fan of the Club Lounge upsell attempt at check-in - didn't ask the price (but I really don't like upsells)
Notes:
  • I'm unsure of the breakfast options - I was told about Bites, their grab-and-go shop, at check-in, but the website suggests there is a buffet restaurant called Lokal - as I slept until 10 and breakfast isn't included, I didn't investigate either of these options
  • I did not find the area unsafe and really have enjoyed Barceloneta (Acqua and Farina has a delicious pizza burrata) - I even walked with all of my luggage down the beach boardwalk between Hotel Arts and the W and had no issues (the scariest thing I saw was the nude sunbathers, all of which leaned towards the older ages) - however, make sure you take some time to head to the Gothic Quarter (so many cathedrals and castles - I felt like I was in a video game)
Overall, I think I would return for the right price but hope that renovations are coming soon.

Photos: