FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SOF B2B Meet Up Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2022, 9:48 am
ms101

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by 81romeo
I guess I was one of the GGLs in row 1 today

It was a nice experience but a way too early start for me (personally I struggle to get out of bed before 5am - and 5am is already a stretch). The pods parking at T5 were the highlight of the day for me, so was the very quiet CCR at 6:30am and the view from T5B where we left from. I always thought the pods were on tracks but turns out they have wheels with tires, which just roll on the tarmac.

The pods

Very quite CCR - the carpets are a nice addition to the first row of armchairs

View from T5B

Crew was very attentive but they run out of Baileys and Champagne (I only had one glass). On the way back they offered me anything I wanted from the buy onboard menu (for free), which was a very nice and generous gesture.

The second highlight of the day were the CE menus, yes….I was handed menus after ages, on the way out I got even two

Two menus on the way out

Surely, nobody missed out on the salmon.
Come on BA, these portions are ridiculous and embarrassing (second pic was my brekkie in the CCR this morning, for comparison).

The salmon dish onboard

The salmon brekkie in the CCR (+ California eggs)

On the way back I had a look at the Prawn Cocktail but could only see two giant lettuce leaves, so I opted for the Paccheri Pasta, really really good (no picture as I was v hungry).

B2B in SOF was a joke, literally off the plane and straight (left turn) to the gate again. Didn’t bother going into the lounge. Had some nice conversations with a number of other passengers doing the same B2B (mostly to re-qualify for Gold).

Back on the 891 we landed 45 minutes ahead of schedule, but we had to wait at a holding position for 40 minutes before docking at B gates again.
Immigration was a breeze, same as the way back to the parking site via pods (this time I had an entire pod on my own ).
I was also on the same B2B, I got the salmon in Row 4 and the Tikka on the return, the portion for salmon was honestly a joke!