FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Nov 13, 2022, 11:09 pm
OWF_NYC_SIN

Programs: Japan Airlines JGC Diamond / Oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Welcome as a member to Flyertalk, and welcome to the JAL forum. I hope you will find it helpful here.
  1. Of those 30K/50K it is important to remember that 50% of them have to come from JAL marketed flights. But as soon as the last necessary flight posts, the status will get upgraded in the system and you can reap the benefits of the status.
  2. AA codeshare on JAL counts as an AA flight, JL codeshare on AA counts as a JL flight. Marketing carrier counts
  3. Basically yes. But do have your card handy, and do make sure they don't change the program assigned on your booking.
Thanks! Your username is common on these forums, glad to have gotten in touch with you.
I have another question with the JGC club. I am thinking that I could potetntially reach JGC Premier or JMB DIamond, both of which are Emerald. If I went for the JGC Premier option, that means having 80K points will be my cut-off, and I would have to wait until 2024 to receive this invitation, or is that automatic as well once I qualified?