FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fate of DCA "live cams" page on YT ??
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:20 pm
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by bo3lter
Moving is certainly a possibility, but in the past when certain cams on the page were down for upgrades or maintenance, the operator always noted what was going on. Difficult to imagine someone who spent so much money and effort not writing even a one line note saying something like: "Viewers, it was fun, but I'm moving on to other things" or whatever the case maybe.

Aside from perhaps the famous SXM cam, these DCA cams were the very best, and I was a frequent viewer, even if just having them on in the background while doing something else. Miss them.

I found one screen capture I kept from 2019 of a landing Delta flight I was on executing a going around due to spacing/traffic on the runway. (Usually the cams would store 8 hours of live video before "overwriting," thus in the go-around example I was able to come home, back the feed up, and find my flight.)

https://www.flyreagan.com/photos/ext...tional-airport

this image appears from the opposite direction that likely puts this in a crystal city condo or office building to the right of the tower