FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)
Old Nov 13, 2022, 2:30 pm
redtop43

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Interesting on the $99 swipe. BHN has been on the warpath and I think any chain or store that see significant volume will get blocked eventually (though they seem to take their time). I have largely moved away from BHN metas unless I am either acquiring them for a discount and/or making so many points on them that higher cost liquidation options that still are reliable make sense.
I used to buy literally $millions a year, $25K at a time. When they put in the $99 limit I was stuck with about $17K in cards. There is a provision in the T&C that says "If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you may return the cards to us for a refund" and that's exactly what I did. Took a little back-and-forth but eventually I got a check.

The T&C on these cards say "Can be used anywhere Visa debit is accepted. No cash and no ATM access." Meaning, basically, they can't arbitarily block the cards since (a) money orders aren't cash and (b) The T&C don't say "Almost everywhere Visa debit is accepted" or "Can be used anywhere Visa debit is accepted except here and there where we decide it's not."

However... I just got back from Walmart. My local store has been without money orders for months, because the new Western Union money order machine wasn't connected properly. It is now, and I was able to liquidate 9 $250 GC's, $99 and $52 swipes at a time.

Last edited by redtop43; Nov 13, 2022 at 4:21 pm