FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:45 am
OWF_NYC_SIN

Programs: Japan Airlines JGC Diamond / Oneworld Emerald
Hi everyone! I am a longtime lurker, but finally decided to give this website a shot and learn something out of it.

I am currently Oneworld Emerald with American Airlines but am thinking to switch to JMB, due to my travels focusing towards Asia. My status with AA will expire on 31 March 2024, to which hopefully I should reach JMB Sapphire or JCG Premier. I have a few questions regarding the JMB program:
  1. The website mentions that 30,000 / 50,000 FLY ON Points are needed to reach Crystal / Sapphire levels. Once my flights are credited and I reach these thresholds in 2023, will my status also upgrade throughout the year or do I need to wait for the following year (2024)?
  2. I have 2 JAL metel flights tickets as AA codeshares for early January. Will I be able to earn FLY ON points on these flights or will they count towards non-JAL points? Otherwise, I can cancel these tickets and buy them via JAL to work on qualifying for status.
  3. Will I be able to use my AA OWE status and access JAL priotity boarding, check-in desk, First Class lounges despite crediting my JAL flights to JAL and having no status?
Pardon for the many questions asked. Thank you for anyone helping out!