FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do flights leave early when connecting passengers will miss them?
Old Nov 10, 2022, 7:49 pm
justhere

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by thelark
you’re confusing the terms “early”, “on time” and “late”
Speaking of condescending posts...
Originally Posted by thelark
w/r/t the bolder portion: because there is a passenger trying to connect. Whats the point of having a schedule only to decide to blow through it? I understand all the what-ifs you describe, but for the simple sake of the OP’s scenario, it seems like AA just didn’t give a damn. We’ll never know if there were extenuating operational circumstances.

appreciate the condescending tone in your response. Great post!
Anyway, my post wasn't intended to be condescending. I still think you are missing the point though. You're taking something I said out of context. The departure of an aircraft doesn't happen in the vacuum of it just pushing back. There are a series of events that have to happen. They could take longer than plan or they could take less time than plan. There are so many things that go into this and so many other factors that could determine whether to hold or not, it really just isn't as simple as it seems on the surface of it.