FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO/LAX<>EWR flights - Questions and Experiences
Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:50 am
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lunchtime
Looking at this winter i see 757s consistently on BOS-LAX/SFO again. There's lie flats offered everyday, but not every flight. Huge upgrade. I am guessing they have more slack with JFK going away. Will BOS-LAX/SFO go back to a "premium" transcontinental route again? Lounge access, real pillows/ blankets and noise cancelling headphones would be such a nice amenity upgrade.
BOS-LAX has never been PS. There was a time where both flights were 752s, now it looks like a mix of 752/739 and some days with 1 flight a day. Near impossible UA will make this a PS route.

BOS-SFO is inching closer ... got 1 752 back a few months ago, now it looks 3/4 in January. Seems tantalizingly close to just make it a 752 route and I can't figure out why they have 1 752 on LAX-BOS where they could use that frame to complete BOS-SFO. At least now the red-eye is back as a 752 most days ... so back to UA for me on that route