FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do flights leave early when connecting passengers will miss them?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 9:38 pm
thelark

Originally Posted by justhere
I see the confusion. Either you didn't read what I wrote or the concept of a timeline wasn't apparent to you. I explained how it could depart early even if all other parameters, such as gate closing, were on time. What I described was what could happen, and does happen for that matter, if you don't meet the time parameters of a significant number of steps that lead up to departing the aircraft. And I pointed out that if you meet all the time parameters and you happen to get done earlier than planned, why have the plane sit and wait. And I also explained why, if things are completed earlier than planned, you can't necessarily just wait for late passengers because that may mean having to start certain process over again and there may not be time for that. The reason I used example like 1 minute prior to pushback is because the OP said, I think, that the plane departed 10 minutes early. So there are only 9 different minutes that I could use as an example and I used some from both sides of the 9 minutes.

Does that make sense now?
w/r/t the bolder portion: because there is a passenger trying to connect. Whats the point of having a schedule only to decide to blow through it? I understand all the what-ifs you describe, but for the simple sake of the OP’s scenario, it seems like AA just didn’t give a damn. We’ll never know if there were extenuating operational circumstances.

appreciate the condescending tone in your response. Great post!