FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread
Old Nov 9, 2022, 9:34 am
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by wutlol
When did the guest start earning miles themselves? I’ve mostly flown solo on my airpass bookings but this somewhat disappointing as I’d prefer to get the LPs rather than my better half, whose primary airline is KLM.
This change occurred when they switched to the “Next Gen” Airpass, which was maybe late 2020 or early 2021, if I recall correctly.

I actually had a couple of agents ticket Airpass reservations over the phone when I was traveling with someone around the time of the changeover, and they were still putting my AAdvantage number in for the companion, which resulted in the itineraries never ticketing properly (with Next Gen, ticketing also became instant, but these reservations ended up being stuck in ticketing limbo).

I think some more experienced agents had probably just been used to doing it that way for years, but the system apparently now detects if your AAdvantage number is duplicated for the companion and won’t allow it.