FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning UA MileagePlus Status in 2023 for 2024
Old Nov 9, 2022, 8:41 am
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I’m not sure the thresholds should be much of a surprise. Everyone seems to be going back to pre-pandemic thresholds, and these are the same that UA announced for qualification during 2020. Except with inflation, probably easier to hit that back then for most (assuming travel about the same, of course).

the elimination of award redeposit fees is nice, but not really a ‘change’ since you can essentially do that today. The CC PQP max changing won’t affect me, since I’ll never spend enough to hit the current max anyway. But the PQP/F on award tickets is nice - will definitely get me thinking about using awards more often - gives more bang for your buck (or mile…), and also helps hit those thresholds. I do suspect that given the awards (on UA metal) earn PQF, they’ll probably also count toward the min. 4 UA segments a year?That typically hasn’t been an issue for us, but this year it was coming down to the wire. I’m on flight 4 currently, but it’ll be Dec. 10 for my wife - with everything so screwy with this year, we’ve flown more AC segments this year. But might have booked that Dec. trip with mileage if that applied this year.