FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK to New York strategy
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:37 pm
steveholt

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by DeeGee26.2
Good point. The Dutch house is me being silly, I think. I think my priority is an overnight flight home that I can lie down on, between NYC and AMS, which gives me as much of the day as possible in New York, and arrives at a time to allow me to comfortably connect back to Humberside, or alternatively between New York and MAN or LHR. I'm hoping that's broad enough.

If I can also get a direct flight from AMS to NYC that leaves after 10am and arrives in time for dinner as well, that would be an awesome itinerary. I'd settle for LHR or MAN, though, and suspect that might be the way to go given that I've lots more Avios than Virgin Points.

I've got the hotel booked for free already, just want to see if I can get a flight that feels like I'm on holiday as well...
I think that should be possible, especially given that you're booking for low season. BA availability is almost always going to be best, although you'll pay plenty in fees.