FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:15 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Say you’re a Danish/American dual citizen and you have a reservation HND-HEL-LAX with a stopover in the EU HEL during which you separately fly to CPH and back. Would the reservation include my US passport only? Or say NRT-CPH-SFO to make it more EB-compliant?
My suggestion would be to just use the US passport for everything except when physically encountering EU/Schengen passport control — in other words, stick to loading in the US passport info into the reservations.

Recently ran into a US airline rep who tried to scan a US citizen’s European card/ID into a reservation because the rep thought it was required because the person was flying on a one-way ticket to the Schengen area. I eventually had to inform the agents that they shouldn’t be scanning in US citizens’ non-US ID into the reservations for US-EU trips, as CBP would prefer the reservations be loaded with the US passports’ info and not override by some European cards’ MRZ info. Should have know there would be an issue when i heard them say that the passengers should show up 2-3 hours in advance for check-in on international flights when the airport doesn’t even have international flights.