FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)
Old Nov 6, 2022, 8:41 am
Deez Nutz

Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Word of warning regarding hotel stays booked through eshopping: while there are past reports that Cartera will honor the terms of its seasonal promotions (eg back to school bonuses) if you do in fact stay during the promotional period, I can confirm definitively that this is false, based on at least a half dozen emails asking for second opinions and supervisors and general policy confirmations. They will not do this.

If you plan to accept their promotional offer, you must both *book* and *stay* during the promotional period (notwithstanding what the actual terms of the offer say) in order to get them to not breach the terms of their offer. Caveat emptor. (Thankfully I don't need these miles for anything in particular, I just get aggravated when companies violate offer terms that they themselves drafted.)
in the past it seems like only the booking needs to occur during the promotion window. I am always getting some random Holiday Bonus posting in spring/summer following an IHG stay I booked in advance.