FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Short connections at DOH (under 90 minutes)
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:49 am
plunet

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
Thanks, will try my luck. I'm still confused which lounge I should go to, there seem to be a few options for OW Emerald in Business. I guess whichever is closest to the gate or on the way.
Some tips for you.
  • The main thing that will influence your transit are your arrival gate.
  • A gate that is A, B or low numbered C has a shorter walk to transit security, higher numbered C gates have a longer walk.
  • An apron gate with a bus can be an overall win if the bus is prompt as you will be arrive into a bus arrivals gate that delivers you almost directly into transit security located vaguely at the intersection of A B and C concourses.
  • If you tip out into the main concourse upon arrival and avoid the transit security screening, this typically mainly applies to direct terminal arrivals rather than apron gate.
  • If you do go through transit security, depending which side of the airport you arrived, look at the lift directly opposite you as you exit the screening area - rather than following the flow of people down the escalator there's a 50% chance this lift is a shortcut to take you directly to Al Mourjan reception one floor up. The other 50% chance is that it's goes to Al Safwa in which case you need to go down...
  • Once you're able find out what your departure gate will be, if it's known yet. If it's a high number C gate consider using the new lounge at the far end of C concourse instead of Al Mourjan.
  • Study a map of the concourse layout so you can orient yourself promptly. Note that maps that refer to D and E gates are probably out of date as reports on here have stated that they have been renumbered as C gates.
  • If your game plan priority is a shower, and you go to the 'old' Al Mourjan, then the general advice on here is to go left on entry and head down the far end to the sandwich bar, and take a right just past the food counter to these showers. Present yourself at the desk with onward boarding pass and say you will wait at the desk to get in asap (collect a drink or snack from the sandwich area if you need it) and be prepared to loiter. You will usually get in promptly if you loiter and maintain eye contact with the member of staff.
  • The new Al Mourjan has opened in the north node and if your journey is soon this might be a better bet for quick shower access as not many people will know about it for a while.
Good luck

Last edited by plunet; Nov 6, 2022 at 12:44 pm