FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expert Mode: opt-in to see upgrade visibility/fare bucket data/Issue staying enabled?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 1:48 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by greenpau
I am seeing the fare buckets displayed, but now only displaying the fare buckets relevant for fare rules that you have searched for. Example: If you search a one-way, you may only now see J with all other buckets zeroed out. Same routing/flight/date, and searching for a roundtrip you now see J/C/D/Z all with inventory. This is actually quite a big change, and linked to the continuous pricing work they are doing, I assume.e.
I've already seen similar restrictions. For instance, HNL-PHX on Dec. 5, both HNL-SFO and SFO-PHX have Z inventory, but the combined itinerary is Z0, because UA only wants to sell a D or higher for that routing. And there's actually no way to buy that Z on a single ticket - both google flights and the website (using multi-city) will price it (more than $300 less than the D), but UA will not issue the ticket.