FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA move to Terminal 8 at JFK/ American abolishing international first class
Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:18 pm
skippythelizard

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Arsey00
BA begins landing at T8 on 17 November with flight 183. First T8 departure is 178 the next morning. For the subsequent two weeks flights will move over gradually. Last T7 departure is planned for the 114 on 30 November.
I'm booked on BA114 on 30 November.

It will be bittersweet to visit T7 for the last BA flight (presuming the schedule doesn't change). But, as I'm usually connecting betwixt BA & AA at JFK, the move to T8 will be far more convenient for me personally.

Out of curiosity ... I visited the T7 CCR last week, flying as a GGL in CW. My boarding pass was on my phone, and I was suprised when presenting this at the entry desk that the staff member took a quick glance at my boarding pass, and without scanning it, she welcomed me as a GGL member. I was surprised by this, because I don't see any visual indication on the digital boarding pass that identifies me as GGL. To me, it looks like a regular gold boarding pass. Is there something unique on the digital boarding pass that identifies me as GGL, or was there a printed list of GGLs flying that evening that she had memorized?