FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - J Class BA redemption ticket with $900+ as taxes/fees?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 3:41 am
etiene

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by diver858
Despite daily 777 service between SAN-LHR, award travel is virtually non-existent for connections on the nonstop, most end up being 2 stops to/from major European hubs, with mixed service - Y on both the BA TATL and AS domestic US connection. In contrast, AA dynamic pricing typically offers at least one option in both Y and J, although the redemption values are often prohibitive, with more than 1 connection. So while the above may be correct for SEA and possibly LAX using AS miles, experience suggests it is not the case for other AS focus cities with a BA LHR nonstop.
I've no idea what point you think you're making, but to clarify: BA release 4 Club seats on every flight at 355 days before departure. They don't commit to keeping four seats available - it's a finite supply which may or may not be topped up later. Your likely issue here is that BA [and some other] fliers can book for 25 days before AA/AS fliers can, and I suspect San Diego is a fairly popular route. In contrast, to my knowledge AA don't commit to making any J seats available and AAnytime awards are not available to partners [maybe AS? IDK there].