FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club World dining - restoration of full menu - 28 October 2022
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:52 am
AnaTravel

Originally Posted by ttama
At first glance, I'd say
It doesn't look "premium" .

The vegetarian options don't look at all appetising to me.
I agree. It doesn't look premium.

The options don't look appetising to me either. And I am vegetarian. 😑

" What's happened to special menus for vegetarians and vegans, so they can choose to follow their lifestyle choices without restricting the choices of others? I'm finding menus for normal people are being diluted to cater for the dietary preferences (not needs, preferences) of others. If I fly premium class, I'd like more than one meat or fish option per course."

What has happened is that British Airways cuts costs by removing choice. It's unfair to blame vegetarians for restricting choice for 'normal' people. 😐🙂 BA chooses to include some dishes because they are inexpensive. I doubt health is their top concern. Those wishing to be certain of a special meal should order one (unless the menu is clear). Cauliflower soup could be vegan. Or it could be made more like Crème DuBarry with cream, butter and chicken or veal stock.

Using your argument, vegetarians have their choices diluted by vegan food. 😬 If BA can jump on the eating insects bandwagon - it will be Crunchy Cricket Granola for the normal folk in a few years.