FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club World dining - restoration of full menu - 28 October 2022
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:20 am
Trident 3B

Programs: BAEC Blue
Quote ".Yeah - in general - just way too woke for me. Maybe I'm too old for BA. I really don't want sweet potato, or cauliflower soup, or a bulgar and carrot salad. For me, flying premium class should be a treat, a special occasion - not feeling you're being held captive and on the receiving end of a lecture on eating your 5-a-day by a 20-something back in the BA experimental kitchen.
What's happened to special menus for vegetarians and vegans, so they can choose to follow their lifestyle choices without restricting the choices of others? I'm finding menus for normal people are being diluted to cater for the dietary preferences (not needs, preferences) of others. If I fly premium class, I'd like more than one meat or fish option per course."'
I couldn't agree more with ttama. The whole thing smacks of woke, PC' ness and plain simple penny pinching. I see even Jack Daniels has been "Enhanced", replaced by some cheap and nasty Gin product just to save a couple of pennies. I am most certainly not going to pay for a premium class seat only to resort to having to bring my own food because the airline's offering is so woeful. I now only fly BA if there is no viable alternative that would not inconvenience me and not because I want to.